Astounding Online Dating Statistics
With the online media rising by leaps and bounds every second the percentage of online dating statistics also rises by leaps and bounds every day. The world is becoming small and people thousands of miles away from each other are coming close through the internet. Dating, love etc is not just present in the physical world but it is omnipresent everywhere. Its manifestation is seen in the virtual world with great fervour. We see the kindling of a relationship, tying the knot even if far away from each other, sharing gifts etc all in the virtual world.
All the love is shred online, thus the online dating statistic is not only a tool to check on love trends but also interesting reads when it comes to see how there has been a change in dating patterns.
With many web sites compiling thousands of boring statistical data you can enjoy reading these online statistical data which is brought out with the hard work of many math geeks sitting on the computers to bring joy to your face
Online dating statistics: an interesting Scoop
- People who get married after an online affair get married within 18 1/2 months on an average whereas people who did not meet in the virtual world have an average courtship period of 42 months
- The Better Business Bureau, USA got 2660 complaints in 2009 related to dating services, while the figures in 2004 and 2005 were 126 and 824 respectively.
- Craiglist was estimated to make $122 million where the profit was between $88 million and $99 million. It was said that the Adult service listing will provide the company with 30% of this revenue
- The worth of the global dating industry is estimated to be about $4 billion across the globe
- In 2010, 17% of the couples who got married in the USA met online
- As of June 15, 2010 China’s soldiers are not allowed to use online dating sites
- 1 out of every 5 single has dated someone who he/she met on one of the several dating sites.
- According to a mobile research group in the US called the Ground Truth, since the summer of 2010 there was an increase in mobile dating by 92%
- The average mobile user in the US spends 12 min and 44 sec on internet dating websites per week
- By 2013 the whole mobile dating sector will develop to $1,4 billion global by 2013 according to Juniper
- In the year 2010 there were about 1.5 million accounts of online dating in Australia
- The dating industry in the US had a growth in revenue of 15% percent between from 05/2009 to 05/2010. However in Oakland,San Francisco and San Jose it raised to as much as 22%
- New York was the second state in the US which passed an Internet Dating Safety Act
- In 2010 even though the internet use in the US increased by 9% the traffic to internet dating sites saw a 13% increase in twelve months which ended in July.
- Since 2008, the quantity of 215% increase was seen in mobile users looking for online dating sites in the UK
- In the UK searches facilitated on laptops and desktops for “mobile dating” and “text dating” has grown every year by 72% since 2010.
The above facts are not only facts and statistics but it shows the importance of the internet in our lives, especially our love lives. So the online dating statistics are not only pure calculation but are pure numbers of love.