No one thinks that they will once have to wonder how to save marriage from divorce, when they first marry. Everything seems to be a fairytale and you feel nothing could ever go wrong. But then what is the reason for marriages to fall apart? This article will help you understand why you are stuck trying to save your marriage from divorce and how to save it.
How Did the Question of Trying to Save Marriage from Divorce Arise:
Almost every marriage starts with perfection and unconditional love. Every decision your partner takes seems to be perfect, every act of immaturity seems to be adorable, but soon the magic starts to wear off. The phone calls feel irritating instead of sweet, touch is not always desired etc. You start to notice a distinct difference between the present and initial stage of your married life and sometime or the other doubt and disappointment creeps in. This is the time when people start to feel that perhaps the love between them is lost and they need to look for love outside the marriage. But what they do not realise is that every relationship reaches this stage at one time or another; the trick is to put in effort and try to make it work.
Mistakes That Can Lead You to the Stage of Trying to Save Marriage From Divorce:
Often, married people make certain unforgivable mistakes that cause their marriages to break down and finally culminate in divorce. If you want to save your marriage from divorce, then these are some of the mistakes that you should avoid making, whatever be the situation you are in.
- Breaking trust: trust is the foundation of any relationship, including marriage. Once you do something that breaks your partner’s trust, you can be sure that your marriage will never be what it was before. One such major act of breaking trust is infidelity.
- Dishonesty: Honesty is the secret behind every successful relationship. As long you are completely honest, your partner knows that you are worthy of his trust. Many mistakes can be forgiven if a person is honest about them. On the other hand, if you suppress or manipulate the truth, you will have to tell one lie after another. At one point or the other, your partner is bound you feel deceived and that is the time you will have to start wondering about how you save marriage from divorce.
- Immature behaviour: As a responsible married grown up, both partners should assume equal responsibilities in a marriage. I f one partner is forced to do all kinds of work, domestic and professional, while the other contributes nothing, the marriage will definitely fall apart at one point or another. Enjoying your life and having a good time is great, but not when your partner is burdened with all financial and family related responsibilities.
- Dominating behaviour: No grown up wants to be dictated in life. In a relationship, two people are supposed to be partners. So if a power struggle starts between them, having a successful marriage is next to impossible.
- Addiction: Any kind of addiction be it alcohol or drugs etc, takes a heavy toll on married life. Addiction leads to stealing, deception, lying, erratic behaviour etc. This ruins the basic foundation of family and causes the marriage to fall apart.
How to Save Marriage from Divorce:
Saving your marriage from divorce isn’t easy, so follow these steps with care.
- Do not lose patience.
- Be the person your partner loved.
- Do not be impulsive. Take every decision after judging carefully.
- Always be there when your partner needs you.
- Don’t do anything to hurt your partner.
- Pay attention to what he/she says.
These steps will most likely to help you save marriage from divorce.